Monday, May 28, 2012

I see a coop!

Folks, we have the beginnings of a chicken coop...
Day 1:





Day 2:



Hoping to have the ladies all moved in on Saturday...yippee!!

Here is a preview of the types we're probably getting:
Silkies!! They are a small variety of chicken, that make great pets because they are friendly and docile. They also love to sit on eggs ("go broody") and are often used to sit on eggs that still need to hatch, even duck eggs or other chickens' eggs.




Tori Spelling has a pet Silkie, Coco:




I think I found our Halloween costume for next year....




This is a young Brahma hen, they grow to about 9 pounds, while the Silkies above only weigh around 3 pounds. Both have feathered feet.



In other non-chicken news, I could finally upgrade to a new phone and joined the iPhone generation. The Mister joined the smartphone generation ( I think he has had the same flip phone since I've known him), too.



On Thursday our crazy hound dog, Tanner, began limping...no surprise since his favorite past time is tearing around the yard at about 45 mph to bark at any passers by. When he still wouldn't use his foot the next day, I took him to the vet (we pretty much go to the vet once every couple weeks with somebody around here). An x-ray revealed a broken toe. So, he's on a timeout from yard racing for several weeks. Poor guy!

Here he is being brave and standing on it:




Okay, one more Silkie photo because they are so ridiculous!




No comments:

Post a Comment