Saturday, May 5, 2012

Outdoor Bonanza

I am too exhausted to provide much more detail than a photo collection of today...it began, for me, with a brick (a bike ride followed by a run) workout for my triathlon training. Thankfully, it wasn't too bad and I think may be able to pull off this triathlon in July! Next up: I need to register for it!




Then, my mom and I went to the awesome annual Herb Festival to pick up some plants- I am soooo excited to get my garden up and growing! Here are some of my finds: some heirloom varieties of tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, zucchini and a peppermint plant. My tomatoes are all gold or purple and one of the pepper plants is also a purple variety!






I also found this basket of cut and grow lettuce... since space is limited in the garden, this can just live on the deck and hopefully provide us with yummy salads all summer!



My poor husband is having some back pain, or A LOT of back pain, so he was unable to do his big bike race today- and trust me, he doesn't call in "sick" to anything. Despite his own injury, he went and bought mulch and we spread that in our front beds. Holy cow...do I have a newfound respect for people that make their living doing that sort of work! We are both hobbling around the house tonight! And this is only probably a third of what we want to mulch...eek!






Naturally, the only way to reward ourselves was with beer and pizza :).




Marvin, what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment