Here is my list of a few things that I think would make the world a much better place:
1. A special horn or other noise- making device that could be used to "yell" at drivers who do not use their turn signal. I find the regular car horn to be too ambiguous, as the other driver may not understand why exactly you are honking. The special horn would be reserved exclusively for informing someone that they failed to use their blinker.
2. On the flip side, a different horn should also be available for telling people their signal is STILL on...or, perhaps turn signals should have an auto turn off function.
3. Gyms should be free. Do some countries do this, I wonder? I realize not everyone would use them, and I go to my gym partly because I am paying for it- but I really think if gyms were available for no cost and in more rural areas, our obesity crisis would improve. I think too many people are never exposed to physical fitness...and you can watch TV and work out at the gym.
4. There should be mannequins outside courtrooms that showcase appropriate ways to dress for court, job interviews and other 'fancy' occasions. There should be some "what not to wear" mannequins, too. I find that the majority of individuals who don't know what is appropriate to wear in formal or business settings also are frequently in court, so it would be a great way to catch their attention. Of course, the bonus is that they could use their new dressing skills in the courtroom. Thrift shops could set up trunk shows to get folks their new duds, too.
Some examples of some shirts I've seen in court being sported by the type of person mentioned above:
- T- shirt that read: "Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies". On a side note, this same gent, had a jury trial in which he started off the day with yelling out randomly his displeasure with his attorney, then slept through the afternoon of his trial, and failed to come at all the second day, being found guilty in absentia.
- Seen this week in court: Wanna Lick?
- An airbrushed T- shirt that read: Gangstas Only. This stylish young lass was a witness in a trial I had in which my client and Gangstas Only had a disagreement that involved pulling over on the side of the road and scratching one another's cars with a hammer and a screwdriver, respectively. I also used the term 'baby daddy' in earnest during this particular trial.
If anyone is looking for some ideas for making the world a better place (or just some free entertainment), I recommend stopping by your local courtroom.
No comments:
Post a Comment